Wednesday finally and the day that I said I would allow myself to order some tests from eBay. I have been good and stayed away from the thermometer since Sunday, largely because I spent most of Sunday staring at the high temp on my chart and thinking “oooooo does this mean anything?”
My “symptoms” continue as follows
- Painful Boobs – I have to be very careful how I stand in the shower because being hit in the chest with the water is NOT pleasant. Nursing the Squishy one (aka my youngest) is also a test in endurance. I grimace and she laughs.
- Gas/Wind – If you are 3 and 2 years old this is hilarious, if you are 30 it’s embarrassing. A couple of years ago the brother of a friend worked as the concierge in one of Dublin’s fancier hotels. He met a lot of celebrities during the time but one of his favourite was a young and extremely shy Beyonce Knowles. She imparted one amazing piece of advice to him that I have been using the past couple of days, it’s known as the Fart and Walk. Never fart in a stationary position, always do it while moving, movement (especially in crowds) masks the sound and by the time anyone smells it you’re at the other side of the room, where it can’t possibly be pinned on you.
- Vivid dreams – thankfully I haven’t been kissed by anyone questionable the last couple of nights but I did have to run from the zombie apocalypse. I’d take being double teamed by Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall and John C. Reilly over that any day, zombies terrify the pants off me.
- Feeling warm – I’m continuing to feel quite warm, to the point where I’m stripping off my sixth layer of jumper to help me cool down. Hey I live in Ireland, it’s cold here.
- Not sure if this counts….. maybe it’s an early craving? I did have a mad craving for meat very early on with my son…. I have ate an inordinate amount of BLTs lately (technically BSTs as I use spinach in place of lettuce but BST sounds like the shortening of the swearword). I went to make myself yet another BLT a couple of days ago and discovered that the husband had finished the bacon. I had a few minutes of blind rage where I considered divorce/homicide. Raging hormones?